How to Clean Carpeted Stairs
Written by: Areej Malik
Carpet stairs need to be cleaned more frequently than wooden stairs. How you clean the carpet depends on the type of staircase you have. You are incapable of dealing with the mess all alone. You can make your staircase carpet look brand new with a little effort and time. We have a solution for cleaning your carpeted stairway. So, let us begin.
Cleaning Stairs with Vaccum Cleaner:
A vacuum cleaner is the quick and easiest way to clean your carpeted stairs. It’s not crucial to use an expensive machine or cleaner. Take your home cleaning vacuum and start refinishing your filthy carpeted stairs. However, before you begin cleaning, check the vacuum dust filter.
Empty and replace the dust filter every time you use it if the vacuum dust filter is whole. It might reduce suction power. Pick everything up on the stairs like toys and pieces of paper scrap, string, etc. We avoid taking up these kinds of little things before cleaning might get stuck in the machine. Use a stiff brush to clean the hardened dirt and debris on the stairs carpet. This step is optional. If your stairs aren’t too filthy, you can skip them.
Read my article: Bathroom Cabinets Color: 5 Amazing Colors For Your Bathroom Cabinets
Clean Carpeted Stairs with Hand:
If you don’t have a machine available, there is no need to worry. You can get this job done with your hands as well. I admit that cleaning with hands is undoubtedly a tiring task, but sometimes it’s better to wash by hand. You can clean the carpet on your stairs by following the ways below.
Things you need for washing carpet:
- Carpet Shampoo
- Laundry detergent
How to Clean Carpeted Stairs
You can use store-bought carpet shampoo to clean your stairs feet by hand. However, let me tell you, this option requires a lot of effort.
- Combine carpet shampoo and warm water in a bucket.
- Use a carpet brush or scrub brush with brussels sprouts to remove dust, debris, and dirt from your staircase carpet.
- At the last minute, vacuum each process to remove any residue.
Wipe down the carpeted staircase with laundry detergent if you don’t have a carpet cleaner or don’t have time to travel to the store to buy one. Because both work for the same purpose.
- Take a half-bucket of warm water and mix two cups of liquid laundry detergent.
- Take a cleaning brush and dip it in the solution.
- Then rub the stairway in a circular motion from top to bottom to consider removing stains and dirt.
- After you’ve finished cleaning, rinse the soapy surface with half a bucket of cold water.
- Soak the cloth in cold water and rub it on the stairwell.
- Re-rub until you achieve the desired clean finish.
- Allow the stairwell to dry.
- You can also use your hairdryer to dry your floor.
You can use a deodorizer, use your washer and dryer, or physically clean the stairway. Ensure to clean your carpeted stairs at least once a week and shampoo the carpet at least once every three months. To avoid odor and stains, you should clean your stairways every six months.
SCHEDULE A free Estimate OF WORCESTER PAINTERS TODAY
Have you decided to bring a change in your house look via painting? We are always ready to send our trained team to your doorstep to paint your commercial or residential property. Give your house a new vibe by using unique colors and stand out in your neighbors. To schedule, your project contact us at 508-657-4104 or e-mail at Walter@wcpainting-services.com