How to Assemble Your Kitchen Cabinets
Written by: Areej Malik
You might be wondering whether cabinets can be assembled with screws or adhesive. You might want to know how long it takes to install kitchen cabinets. You might be wondering how to reassemble your kitchen cabinets. In this article, you will learn how to assemble your kitchen cabinets.
Are you ready to assemble your kitchen cabinets on your own? I know it may sound complicated and takes a lot of skill and time. You have to be very careful as it’s a risky task to do. Supposing that you are a total beginner, I suggest hiring an expert to get this work done.
PS: Hire the Best Kitchen Cabinet Assembling Contractors in Worcester MA for your Whole House, Interior, and Exterior Painting Service. Call WC Painting Service (508-657-4104) for Free Estimate on your Painting Project.
Things to Do Before Assembling Kitchen Cabinets:
Turning off the kitchen’s electricity, gas, and plumbing/water supply lines is the second most crucial step to consider. Of course, you can’t update the new cabinets until you remove the old ones. So, get rid of your old kitchen cabinets and clean up the mess.
Read my article Here.
The first thing you have to do is unbox the cabinet pieces. Place the box on top of the working area to prevent the cabinet surface from scratching during assembly. Now let’s move toward the next steps.
- Wood Glue
- Rubber mallet
- Magnetic driver bit holder
- Philips bit
- Damp Cloth
How to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets ( Step by Step )
- Apply a thin layer of glue to the joints of the cabinet’s frame. Now place the panel in the joint. Make sure the drains are in line. Press the board so that it sticks well. Wipe off excess glue with a damp cloth.
- Attach two L brackets to the drill to secure the side panel. Place two support rails in the dowel holes on the left’s back edge.
- Gently pat all support rails with a rubber mallet. Fit the back panel of the cabinet. Secure the back panel to the cabinet floor by screwing two 1-inch flat head screws into pre-drilled holes on the rear panel.
- Secure the previously attached L-brackets to the underside of the cabinet floor. Again attach L-brackets on the inside corners of the cabinet box to secure the side panels to the back panel.
- Insert the plastic drawer brackets into the back panel’s pilot holes. A single screw holds the rack in place. You can also use four wooden corner blocks to secure the cabinet on the inside of the cabinets.
- Once the cabinet is fixed, it’s time to install the door. Attach the hinges to the holes in the back of the cabinet door. Use a flat head Phillips screw to secure the door hinges. Find a pre-drilled hole in the face frame door opening.
- Use a round Phillips screw to attach the cabinet door to the face frame. And rotate it until it is wholly rooted and it is done.
Assembling the kitchen cabinets takes time. Kitchen cabinet installation is also simple. Only you have to have a basic understanding of how to use tools. You can easily install your kitchen cabinets with just a few simple steps.
REFINISHING KITCHEN CABINET WORCESTER MA
Painting and refinishing your kitchen cabinets is a good idea to make your home renovation process much quicker and easier. Save your time and money by getting quick Worcester cabinet refinishing and painting services from WC Painting Services. Our 25 years of experience as refinishing kitchen cabinets company enables us to deliver quality services and lets our customers trust us.